- You can now become a Certified Applicator through Northeast Fireshield.
- You must attend a training seminar at our facility for the purpose of becoming knowledgeable with Inspecta-Shield Plus™ Fire Retardant products. This shall include the proper use and application of the product
- The seminar consists of approximately 8 hours of classroom and review of printed material.
- Participants will then be given a written test (1 Hr. Q & A. multiple choice) at the conclusion of the course. Participant must score 100% to be Certified. Instruction will continue until the person or persons pass the test.
- For those who successfully pass this course, they will be issued a license by Northeast Fireshield Inc., good for a period of one year to apply Inspecta-Shield Plus™ as a Certified Applicator.
- Inspecta-Shield Plus™ has all the necessary approvals for Applications as required by the Department of Buildings, City of New York as well all other Municipalities throughout the United States. This also includes the approval of the New York City Department of Fire Prevention for the storage of Inspecta-Shield Plus™ product.
- Once you successfully complete this course, you will be required to secure a Certificate of Fitness from the New York City Fire Department. This is an on-going test that is given by the Fire Department Fire Prevention Bureau to evaluate their knowledge of Fire Retardants, Codes and the competency of the individual who wish to qualify as a Certified Applicator. This requirement pertains only to Certified Applications done within the confines of New York City.
- A Certified Applicator, after application of Inspecta-Shield Plus™, is authorized to submit to Northeast Fireshield applications forms for a Certificate of Flameproofing on the items treated. After a review of the paper work and if all the requirements have been met, Northeast Fireshield will issue a Certificate of Flameproofing which is required by Fire Marshals stating proper Fire Code Compliance.
For additional information and pricing to become a certified applicator through Northeast Fireshield please email firstname.lastname@example.org